ModelConverterX is primarily a tool that allows you to convert objects between different formats. The main formats supported are:
- SCASM code/API (read)
- FS2004 and FSX MDL file (read/write)
- FS2004 and FSX BGL file (read/write)
- X file (read/write)
- COLLADA and KMZ file (read)
- X-Plane OBJ (read)
- FlightGear AC3D (read/write)
- FSDS FSC (read)
- 3DS (write)
- Wavefront OBJ (read/write)
- Add special effects
- Edit material settings
- Minimize amount of drawcalls
- Convert multiple textures at once
- Create levels of detail
- Wizard to tweak ground polygons
- Wizard to create long animations for FS2004
The latest stable release of ModelConverterX is version 1.3. Click here to download this version. The development release has all the latest features, to check them out use the development releases package.
You can find the ModelConverterX manual on the FSDeveloper Wiki. This manual is for the latest stable release.
To get support for this tool please use the ModelConverterX forum.