FS2020 support

With FS2020 being available I would like to let you know that I have started on adding support for the glTF models in ModelConverterX already. But it’s not yet finished or fully tested as my current machine doesn’t meet the FS2020 specs.

Once I’m back from vacation I’ll continue on this feature. By that time the dust of the release should have settled a bit as well.

And I’ll have to see how to upgrade my machine, so that I can properly test things.

17 thoughts on “FS2020 support

1. h0rnb1ll says:

Really looking forward to this update. I’m living in a 2nd tier city and my home airport is still a flat ground in FS2020. Thanks for your work

2. Stefan Kliemannel says:

Wow that’s fantastic 🙂
    Enjoy your vacation.

3. tanks Arno.
    Enjoy your vacation.

4. SergeiKat says:

Hi. When using MCX To try to load a BGL File, I get this issue.

An error occured during importing the selected file

Message:
    Length cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: length

StackTrace:
    at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
    at ASToFra.ObjectReader.BGLXReader.ReadNameDict(String filename)
    at ASToFra.ObjectReader.BGLXReader.Read(String filename)
    at ASToFra.ObjectReader.BGLReader.Read(String filename)
    at ASToFra.ObjectReader.AllObjectReader.Read(String fileName)
    at ASToFra.ModelConverterX.MainWindow.bwImporter_DoWork(Object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

5. Peter Kruesi says:

Dear Arno
    Make a collection / crowedfunding to get the resource to update your mahine.
    We need you I think ?!

6. SergeiKat says:

brought my BGL issue to a new comment as it wouldn’t let me reply.
    You asked for the game version, I amm using FSX BGL files.

• arno says:

That error you posted doesn’t make sense for FSX files. Are you using the latest development release of MCX?

7. Hi Arno,

No matter what you offer us, it will always be greatly appreciated!

jpfil

8. Jean-Philippe Desmeth says:

Hi Arno
    First of all, thx for all previous work, it has been su hugely usefull!
    Can’t wait to see the FS2020 compatible version so I can start doing liveries