Over the last I have been using the island of Nantucket (Massachusetts) as a sandbox to try all kind of autogen techniques and to develop new features of scenProc. Coincidentally Bill Womack is working on a scenery of Nantucket airport as well. So my test autogen project will even end up in a real product. And with the help of Bills artistic skill the autogen textures also got much more realistic than I ever could have done.
Now that the autogen project is nearing its end and scenProc is also nearing the release of a stable version 1.0, I thought it would be a good idea to make some video tutorials about the things I have learned during this project. So with this blog post I want to announce a small series of video tutorials that will cover the different aspects of this project. I plan to give you one or two tutorials every week.
At the moment I have the following “episodes” planned, but as usual things can always change as I go along.
- Creating the buildings (finding the data, how to prepare it for creating FS autogen buildings)
- Customizing the buildings (adding custom textures and roofs)
- Creating the vegetation (finding the data, how to create the autogen)
- Customizing the vegetation (using custom vegetation models for even more realism)
- Creating the library objects (electricity poles, gas stations)
- How to merge all these custom autogen configurations when installing a scenery
Let me know if there are other topics you would like to see covered!