Tree detection

One of the first problems I encountered when I tried to make autogen for Nantucket is the lack of vector data for the vegetation. OpenStreetMap contains hardly any vegetation and also the GIS department of Massachusetts has not much usable data. So therefore I started to experiment with detecting the vegetation in the imagery.  And […]

Nantucket photo scenery

As I mentioned in my previous post I would write a bit more details about how I created the photo scenery for my Nantucket test project. From the website of the Massachusetts GIS department I could download 30 cm imagery of the entire island. But they came in 101 tiles and in the SID format. […]